This post may contain affiliate links (a girl's got to eat, right?).
If you are extremely frugal, you will love this list of items you can cut in half to save money. This is such a simple way to save some extra money!
Cut these items in half to double their use…
- Sponge: Don’t you just hate throwing out a sponge after a few uses? Double your sponge supply by cutting them in half.
- Notepad: Make two shopping lists from one notepad! This is a great way to make use of all those free notepads with advertisements.
- Dryer Sheets: Half-sized dryer sheets are perfect for small laundry loads.
- Swiffer Dust Wipes: Depending on the cleaning job, you can possibly stretch dust wipes out longer by cutting them in half.
- Ace Bandages: This is super convenient depending on what you are wrapping. For hands or feet, sometimes the bandage wraps better when cut in half vertically.
- Tape: Have you ever had to use packing tape after running out of Scotch tape? Save on the big rolls by cutting them in half. Let’s be honest, the only time the whole strip is useful is for heavy moving boxes, right?
- Paper Towels: Ok maybe not all the time, but occasionally! Plus, the pre-cut paper towels are often more expensive.
- Shipping / Poly Mailers: Trim the tops of poly mailers down to save on package weight and seal with packing tape. This may not be the prettiest packing job but it shaves down shipping costs!
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Wipes: Maybe not so much cutting them in half but using one side. If you normally use two, get more bang for your buck by using both sides. This may also work for you if you do not wear much makeup and use cleansing wipes.
- Produce at the Grocery Store: You may not know you can break apart produce such as grapes and bananas. Even though the grapes are usually in bags, you can either split them up yourself or have someone in produce divide them. This has saved our two-person household a ton!