This post may contain affiliate links (a girl's got to eat, right?).
Happy first day of fall, y’all!🍁🍂
Mama E, my Mother-in-Law and Cupcake Queen, has created this delicious recipe for Butterscotch Caramel Apple Upside Down Cupcakes, and let me tell you, it does not disappoint!
Since today is the first day of fall, I thought it would be the perfect day to share this recipe. Today is also Mama E’s birthday so Happy Birthday to You, Mama E!!🎂
Butterscotch Carmel Apple Upside Down Cupcakes Recipe
- Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 Can Apple Pie Filling
- 1/2 tsp. Allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Heaping Cup Butterscotch Chips
Butterscotch Carmel Apple Upside Down Cupcakes Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray lined muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Follow the recipe on the box for mixing the Spice Cake plus add the following to the dry cake mix:
- Mix and set aside.
Brown Sugar Topping:
- Melt butter in a saucepan
- Add Brown Sugar
- Stir for about two minutes, then remove from heat.
- For pleasant twist, add the Butterscotch Chips.
- Take 1 heaping teaspoon of the butter/brown sugar mixture & place in each cupcake liner
Optional: Add a few more sprinkles of butterscotch chips
Apple Topping & Final Steps:🍎🍏
- Next is where the apples come in to join the fun:
- Place one or two slices of apple pie filling on top of the brown sugar mixture in each liner.
- Spoon prepared cake mix over apples – Note: The cups will be full, but somehow it works. Be aware though, there may be a slight overflow.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn upside down onto parchment paper or waxed paper. Remove paper liners while warm.