This post may contain affiliate links (a girl's got to eat, right?).
Happy National Dog Day 2017!
Here at Puppies and Pina Coladas, we truly LOVE dogs! We rescued our dogs and they have changed our lives. A day to celebrate dogs is so important because many people do not know what a joy dogs are. There are millions of dogs that need a home and if you have room in your heart, visiting your local shelter or contacting a local rescue could change your life in ways you can’t even imagine.
You can also check out PetFinder.com or AdoptAPet.com if you are searching for a specific breed. Both of those sites led our family to the rescue groups where we adopted our Havanese and Maltipoo. So many people are shocked to learn that our dogs are rescues but just about any breed of dog can be adopted if you are patient.
If you decide to adopt this weekend, be sure and check out my list of new puppy essentials before you go. I wish I would have had a shopping list like this instead of having to leave my new pup in the middle of the night because I forgot essential items!
Ways to Celebrate National Dog Day inspired by NationalDogDay.com
- Adopt a dog or donate to your favorite animal rescue organization
- Take your dog for a walk or to the dog park
- Shop for your dog
- Have a photoshoot with your dogs
- Schedule a grooming appointment for your dog
Dog Related Posts to Check Out…
- New Puppy Essentials: What to Buy Before You Bring Home a New Puppy
- Strawberry & Maple Puppy Snow Cones Recipe
- Your Dog Will Love These Cooling Products for Dogs on Amazon
- Cute Halloween Themed Items from PetSmart