This post may contain affiliate links (a girl's got to eat, right?).
Part 3 of 3 in the Dog Grooming Bandana Repurpose MiniSeries
This is the last week in the dog groomer bandana repurpose miniseries – ideas to re-purpose dog bandanas from the groomer. If you have a creative use for these bandanas, feel free to let me know in the comments! Be sure and check out Part 1 and Part 2 for even more ideas (listed below):
- Part 1 – Dog Grooming Bandana Repurpose MiniSeries: DIY No-Sew Dog Rope for Small Dogs
- Part 2 – Dog Grooming Bandana Repurpose MiniSeries: DIY Dog Calming Scarf
Today’s post will show how to easily make homemade, reusable cloth dog wipes from bandanas from the groomer. Even better, this is a natural solution and you will know exactly what goes in it.
After you have used a wipe, just throw it in the laundry and wash as you normally would. This way you can get a lot more use out of the wipes versus disposable ones. Even better, you will save a lot of money instead of buying $5+ packs of dog wipes.
If the thought of cloth wipes freaks you out, you can use a roll of paper towels cut in half instead of the bandanas. This is a great way to have wipes when you travel without having to worry about getting them washed. You can also add paper towels to the jar if you don’t have many bandanas.
Reusable Dog Wipes
- 1 tablespoon of any Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap (I used lavender)
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil)
- 1 empty jar with lid
- Bandanas from the groomer (I used nine)
- Boiled or Distilled Water
- Place bandanas in empty jar. You can fold them or roll them up, whichever you prefer. Set aside.
- Combine castile soap, water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Heat mixture in microwave for 2 minutes, then stir well.
- Pour mixture over wipes in jar.
- Shake closed jar until solution has saturated the wipes, then let sit for an hour.
- Drain jar of excess liquid, then seal the jar with the lid.
- Put a few in a ziploc bag to have ready for on-the-go moments. I love having wipes handy when the dogs join me for a road trip. You just never know when you will be walking through mud!
- If the coconut oil is too heavy for your dog’s fur, you could use it as paw or eye wipes. My dogs have long hair that gets tangled easy so this solution is perfect for them.
- Tie a bandana on the outside of the jar to make it cute! 🙂
🐶 Don’t miss these dog related posts…🐶
- Dog Grooming Bandana Repurpose MiniSeries: DIY No-Sew Dog Rope for Small Dogs
- Target Has Seriously Adorable Halloween Costumes for Pets for as low as $4.99
- The Cutest Halloween Costumes for Small Dogs
- Road Trip Tips for Traveling with Small Dogs
- How to Help Pets & Animals Affected by Hurricane Harvey
- New Puppy Essentials: What to Buy Before You Bring Home a New Puppy
- National Dog Day 2017: Adopt or Spend Time with Pups
- Strawberry & Maple Puppy Snow Cones Recipe